Striped Marlin Photos
Scientific name: Tetrapturus audax
- Striped marlin is a Pacific species; however, they still cover the most extensive range of any billfish species.
- Many anglers consider the striped marlin to be the perfect billfish. It’s certainly among the most beautiful, with its bluish-purple stripes vividly blazing along its flanks.
- They readily bite a wide variety of baits, and because of their habit of tailing on the surface, they also offer anglers the unique opportunity to sight-cast to individual fish.
- They’re among the most acrobatic of the billfish species, with the speed and strength to catapult themselves in explosive aerial displays.
- While they may not reach the grander status of their larger blue- and black cousins, they have been known to top 300 to 400 pounds in certain parts of the world.
Have Striped Marlin or other Questions? Contact Us
Don't waste any time, the calendar is booking up quickly! Don't miss your chance to take amazing fishing photos with Come Fish Panama!