Horse-Eye Jack Photos
Scientific name: Caranx latus
- The Pacific Horse-Eye Jack is a gamefish and minor commercial fish in the family Carangidae.
- It is also known as the big-eye jack, and is similar in appearance to the crevalle jack, although the head is not as blunt.
- Known to feed on smaller fish and on many invertebrates, such as shrimp and crab.
- A large fish, growing to a maximum recorded length of 101 cm and a weight of 13.4 kg, however is more common at lengths less than 60 cm.
- A body form similar to other large jacks found throughout its range, with a moderately compressed elongate and deep body
- The adult horse-eye jack commonly swims with others in a school, either as one species or mixed with crevalle jack.
Have Questions? Contact Us
Don't waste any time, the calendar is booking up quickly! Don't miss your chance to take amazing fishing photos with Come fish Panama
[contact-form-7 id="6770" title="Contact - Photos - Jacks - Horse-Eye Jack"]