Mullet Snapper Photos
Mullet Snapper Information
Scientific name: Lutjanus aratus
- This species is easily recognized by the alternating dark and light stripes on the sides formed by parallel rows of scales that have yellowish-white centers.
- Mullet snappers are generally dark gray-green to reddish on the back and sides with a silvery belly. Individuals from deeper water are mainly reddish.
- Fish are dominant in the diet of this active predatory species. Other common foods include crabs, shrimps, prawns, and other crustaceans, cephalopods, and gastropods.
- They are strong fighters and can be taken on natural and artificial lures and flies.
- Methods of fishing include drift fishing, jigging, or anchoring to chum.
- Like most snappers, these snappers are considered good eating.
Have Questions? Contact Us
Don't waste any time, the calendar is booking up quickly! Don't miss your chance to take amazing fishing photos with catch here at Come Fish Panama!