Panama Fishing Calendar
Panama’s best fishing months calendar will give you a great idea of what type of fish you can expect to catch during your Fishing Vacation. As you will notice, the bottom feeders remain here year-round. Our Panama’s best fishing months calendar is provided with research and years of fishing these waters. However, one thing to keep in mind is that with all this research, fish still don’t know how to read calendars!
Like any party guest, they don’t always show up when they should and sometimes they still hang around when they’re supposed to leave. The chart below is a guideline; many factors go into the migratory path. Water temperature, wind, current, and bait can cause these normal patterns to fluctuate. Our captains will alter your target species with what will give you the best chance of a successful fishing day.
Best Time For Fishing In Panama
- Two hours before and two hours after high tides, and two hours before and two hours after low tides.
- Inland, the times for high tides correspond with the times when the Moon is due south. Low tides are halfway between high tides.
- During the “morning rise” (after sun up for a spell) and the “evening rise” (just before sundown and the hour or so after).
- When the barometer is steady or on the rise. (But even during stormy periods, the fish aren’t going to give up feeding. The smart fisherman will find just the right bait.)
- When the Pacific sardines aka California Pilchard sardine show up. Fisherman will have to match his popper, stick bait, plug, or go fishless.)
- Should the breeze come from a westerly quarter rather than from the north or east.
- When the water is still or rippled, rather than during a wind.
Panama’s Best Fishing Months & Seasons
Here in Panama, there are only two seasons, dry and wet. Summer season (dry season) runs from December to April, May through November you will encounter typical tropical showers, wet season, with October being the wettest. Panama’s best fishing months for all species below.
Panama’s Best Fishing Months & Moon Phases
Come Fish Panama, a leader in conservation and preservation, practices CPR (Catch, Photograph, & Release) on all billfish and other incredible species like Roosterfish, Cubera Snapper, and Bluefin Trevally. We understand the importance of preserving our natural resources and the future of our fisheries. By embracing proper catch and release techniques, we not only ensure the experience for each group but also for generations of passionate anglers to come. Come Fish Panama, where clients become lifelong friends!
Should you have any questions regarding Panama’s best fishing months feel free to contact us.