Striped Marlin Photos
Scientific name: Tetrapturus audax
- Striped marlin are a Pacific species; however, they still cover the most extensive range of any billfish species.
- Many anglers consider the striped marlin to be the perfect billfish. It’s certainly among the most beautiful, with its bluish-purple stripes vividly blazing along its flanks.
- Stripies readily bite a wide variety of baits, and because of their habit of tailing on the surface, they also offer anglers the unique opportunity to sight-cast to individual fish.
- They’re among the most acrobatic of any marlin, with the speed and strength to catapult themselves in explosive aerial displays.
- While they may not reach the grander status of their larger blue- and black-marlin cousins, striped marlin have been known to top 300 to 400 pounds in certain parts of the world.
Have Questions? Contact Us
Don't waste any time, the calendar is booking up quickly! Don't miss your chance to take amazing fishing photos with Come fish Panama
[contact-form-7 id="6752" title="Contact - Photos - Billfish - Striped Marlin"]