Silk Snapper Photos
Scientific name: Lutjanus vivanus
- Silk snapper is a warm-water reef fish harvested primarily in Indonesia and Thailand.
- It feeds on fin fish, squid, and cuttlefish around shoals, coral, sandy bottoms, and offshore reefs.
- It is typically trap, hand-line, and bottom long-line harvested at depths between 20 and 300 feet.
- The firm, flaky texture and sweet, mild flavor of Silk snapper rivals that of the more well-known red snapper and is becoming increasingly popular with chefs and purveyors of premium seafood products.
- From ceviche to a simple pan-fry, Silk snapper adapts well to a wide range of cooking methods.
- One of our favorite meals here at Come Fish Panama.
Have Questions? Contact Us
Don't waste any time, the calendar is booking up quickly! Don't miss your chance to take amazing fishing photos with Come fish Panama
[contact-form-7 id="6795" title="Contact - Photos - Snappers - Silk"]